[tn-moths] ID help 4/3/12

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:24:58 -0400

This moth was at my porch light this morning, 4/3/12, in Jonesborough, TN
(Washington County).
I only got this one photo. It was gone when I went back for a better shot.
It looks like a Chytonix sp. to me. Maybe C. palliatricula - Cloaked Marvel -
Hodges#9556.
A picture on MPG of 9557 C. sensilis looks quite similar, but that seems to be
out of season.
Either way it's a first for me.

Larry McDaniel