[tn-moths] Re: FoY ID

  • From: Kris Light <klight10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 08:54:12 -0400

Wow, Diana, when you get a first moth, you do it right and get a BIG one!!!
I'm glad to see you are "back at the sheet (or towel)". I didn't realize
you live in Maury Co. now, I thought you were in Davidson. You will have to
teach your grandson about moths in the future. :)

Yesterday I led a hike at Frozen Head and saw a few moths. We were really
excited to see 2 newly-emerged Lunas. The female was still hanging on a
stick on the ground. A few minutes later a woman found a male that had
climbed up a tree across the trail. I also found what I think is an
Eight-spotted Forester, but it has a LOT more than 8 spots! Photo attached,
I cropped it really hard because it was on dog poop and I didn't want to
gross anyone out!!!

I'll get my list updated for Anderson and Morgan counties soon. It is
supposed to rain on Tue., that will be a good time to do it! :)

Kris Light

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Diana Stock-Prescott <
diana.stockprescott@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> First moth at my new house in Spring Hill, Tn
> #7787 Ceratomia undulose- Waved Sphinx moth...I think...it's been a while.
>

> Diana Stock -Prescott
> Maury Co, TN

image/jpg