[tn-moths] FOY's for Chester County

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:11:22 -0700 (PDT)

6/10/10
8109 Reversed Haploa, Haploa reversa

8/20/10
8146 Giant Leopard Moth, Hypercompe scribonia

8/21/10
5069 Coffee-loving Pyrausta-Pyrausta tyralis
5107 Eggplant Leafroller-Lineodes integra
5160 Grape Leafroller-Desmia maculalis (based on appearance and 20mm size)

Only 130 or so more to ID!

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

________________________________
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:23:42 -0700
From: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Doug!

Speaking of extremely variable, can anyone confirm that this is a 8109 Reversed
Haploa, Haploa reversa?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_4278.jpg

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:23:39 -0700
From: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] ID confirmation needed
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is this a Giant Leopard Moth, Hypercompe scribonia? I looked a what seems like
million shots of this species online and either its pattern is extremely
variable or more that one species is being labeled as a Giant Leopard.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_6594.jpg

http://www.finishflagfarms.com