[tn-moths] Re: Condica vecors or C. confederata?

  • From: "Ali Iyoob" <Aliiyoob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:41:02 -0500

I agree it is a C. confederate. I have seen about a dozen C. vecors, and
none were that bright or boldly marked. No the contrary, it took a little
bit of tilting the moth in the right light to even see the markings at all.
Though the markings on your moth don't match those of C. confederate
exactly, I do see where the range of variation would fall over your
specimen, and most of the major field marks and shadings seem to be in
place. Cool moth!!!

Ali