[tn-moths] 2/4 Moths

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 05:29:32 -0800 (PST)

The numbers weren't big last night but I did get 2 lifers....3425 Sereda
tautana, Speckled Sereda and 7033 Nemoria lixaria, Red-bordered Emerald.
The Nemoria lixaria looks unusual but there are 2 photos by Renn Tumlinson on
MPG that look similar so I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

I also had my FOY Vetch Looper which was one of the dark ones that are part of
the first round. Does anyone know if these dark ones are males? I'm asking
because last year, all that came to the early season lights were dark but I did
see lighter colored ones during the day as I worked around the farm.

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths
http://tinyurl.com/Night-Creatures
http://www.finishflagfarms.com