[TN-Butterflies] Re: which duskywing?

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 08:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

I've seen several species of grass skippers in this posture but never noticed
them backing up or sticking their proboscis under their bodies, possibly
because
I didn't observe them long enough or more likely because I got too close and
scared them off. If I see it again, I watch more closely. Due to the severe
drought conditions we're having right now, that will probably be next year.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com