[TN-Butterflies] recent update to bamona website and foy dates at my website

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:37:35 -0500

I turned in about 75 new county butterfly records to the BAMONA website
April 21, and these were posted April 23; please have a look and see if
any items need attention (and thanks to Bart Jones for already noticing
that I turned in Brown Elfin for Decatur County instead of Eastern Pine
Elfin; I have already requested that this item be changed at the BAMONA
website).

BAMONA now has a blog that announces recent changes to that website;
look for the link to this new feature (Recent Updates) at the bottom of
the left-hand column of the homepage.

If one assumes that the documenting of county butterfly records in TN
will reach approximate completion when each of the 95 counties has 70 or
more species listed, then it will take at least 6650+  records to reach
that status.  Currently about 3301 county records are in the database,
i.e., about 49.6% of the eventual total needed to achieve approximate
completion.

I've worked on the FOY page at my website this morning, and I think it
is about up to date, but please give it a look when you have some time
to see if I've missed any of your recent FOY dates.

Good butterfly counting, Steve Stedman

Cookeville, Putnam County

Link to FOY page:

http://iweb.tntech.edu/sstedman/ButterflySightingsTN2009.htm