[TN-Butterflies] moore county bamona records

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:15:55 -0500

I forgot to send a message about a butterfly trip I made to Moore County
last week.  I just want to let anyone from that county or that area know
that I was able to obtain photos of 8 species in Moore County that day;
these are the first BAMONA records for Moore County.

The eight species I photographed in Moore County April 9, 2009, follow:

Pipevine Swallowtail

Zebra Swallowtail

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Checkered White

Falcate Orangetip

Clouded Sulphur

Monarch

Painted Lady

There are now just FOUR counties in TN without at least one butterfly
record at BAMONA: Crockett, Gibson, Giles, and Weakley.  Hope that a few
records can be obtained for each of these this year.

Good butterfly counting, Steve Stedman

Cookeville, Putnam County