[TN-Butterflies] claiborne county skipper--delaware seems right

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:56:57 -0500

I've been reluctant to agree that the very orangy skipper that Harold Howell
photographed in Claiborne County recently was a Delaware, but more study of his
photo (I have been able to open only the original photo he sent to
TN-Butterflies so far) convinces me that Dave Spicer and Bart Jones are correct
in offering that i.d.

If anyone disagrees with this i.d., please post reasons to TN-Butterflies or
send to me pronto, as I am close to sending off another spreadsheet of new
county records to BAMONA.

Good butterflying, Steve Stedman
Cookeville (Putnam County)