[TN-Butterflies] Weakley and Gibson County Records

  • From: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:13:57 -0400

While at the Big Cypress Tree State Park (more like Big Cypress Stump State
Park since the record cypress tree was killed by lightning and cut down) Fall
Festival in Weakley County on September 12, 2009, I was able to get photographs
of Eastern Tailed Blues. On the way back from the festival, I stopped at China
Grove a Mennonite store in Gibson County and snapped a photograph of an Eastern
Comma which is a Gibson Co. record.  An above and a below shot of the E. Comma
is attached.

According to the current BAMONA map for Weakley County, 7 species are listed.
The ET Blue, if accepted would be number 8. And Gibson County has 10 species
with the comma being number 11 if accepted.

Allan Trently ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jackson, Madison County, TN

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/