[TN-Butterflies] Re: Viceroy caterpillar

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Lee Bierly <mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:47:00 -0500

The plant that the caterpillar was on actually dried up (almost) before the
egg hatched. I put fresh willow in a cup with water and placed the dried up
leaf on the fresh willow. Within minutes, the caterpillar, which is less
than 1/16 of an inch long found its way to the tip of the fresh leaf, which
is where I got the posted photo.

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson Co.