[TN-Butterflies] Re: Study on the genus Vanessa

  • From: "Michael Lee Bierly" <mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tennessee Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:03:56 -0500

Recently I came across a web site,
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mariposa/homepage.html, that is on the study
of the territorial behavior, migration, and distribution of Vanessa
butterflies, namely for this area, Red Admiral, Painted lady, and American
Lady. They are interested in all records of these species and have a way to
submit them on line or through a normal email. I submitted my couple of
records and got a nice reply from Dr. Royce J. Bitzer who heads the project.
Tennessee is not well represented in their study and they are glad to
receive records for the area and assume including previous years. The web
site gives instructions for submittal and compilations of previous years.
Dr. Bitzer can be reached at mariposa@xxxxxxxxxxx, Department of Entomology,
Room 21, Insectary Building, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50010-3140.

Michael

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson County, TN