[TN-Butterflies] Punctuation in the trees

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:06:02 -0700 (PDT)

In my brief time butterflying, I've rarely if ever seen any anglewings feeding
on flowers. They're usually feeding close to the ground on sap, mud or poop.
Also, I've rarely seen any butterflies at all feed on my Bradford Pear flowers.

While admiring the hundreds of bees gathering pollen from the pear flowers, I
was surprised to see an Eastern Comma feeding high up in the branches.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_5854.jpg

I was even more surprised when I came back about 10 minutes later and the Comma
had been replaced by a Question mark.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_5863.jpg

This may not be unusual behavior but it's new to me.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.