[TN-Butterflies] Re: Orange Wing Moth (photo)

  • From: Carol Wolf <humble1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists tn-butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:58:19 -0500

A friend of mine just identified my photo as the Orange Wing.  This was taken last August.  I was out looking for insects and it landed on my friends back and was nice enough to step onto a finger for a photo.  I noticed that this one is more brown than Richard's, but the markings seem to be the same.  I am just wondering if there is a difference in coloring from Spring to later in the summer.  Any ideas?

Carol Wolf
Cannon County
Woodbury, TN