[TN-Butterflies] Ocola Skipper - Rutherford County

  • From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Butterflies, TN" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:06:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

On Tuesday am, while looking out the living room window, I had an eye level
view of the skippers on very tall nectar plants (some variety of brown-eyed
susans I do believe).  During this time, I noticed a butterfly that seemed
"flat" compared to all the other skippers.  I was able to capture a few poor
shots outside.  Last night while thumbing through field guides, I realized the
bug I seen looked a lot like an Ocola Skipper.  I downloaded the pictures, and
it appears that is indeed what I have!  This is a life butterfly and a new yard
bug.

http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/161074404
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/161074403

Kristy Baker