[TN-Butterflies] Nessus Sphinx Moth (photo)

  • From: Carol Wolf <humble1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists tn-butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:15:55 -0500

This was the find of the day for me, as well as 7 Goatweed Leafwings. I had seen this moth up on Short Mountain a couple weeks ago around some Bluebells but couldn't get a photo. But this afternoon I had 6-8 Eastern Tiger Swallowtails on the lilacs so got the camera and I found this beautiful moth. What a treat. I also had Painted Lady, Zebra Swallowtails, Spicebush Swallowtails, Silver-spotted Skipper, Duskywings, Falcate Orangetips, Monarchs, and Orange Sulphurs.

Carol Wolf
Woodbury
Cannon County

JPEG image