[TN-Butterflies] Re: Moths

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx, TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:09:48 -0500 (EST)

That's fabulous, Ken, Congratulations! Very impressive. I'm  not going to
join in just yet, but you keep up the good work.

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 2/12/2013 1:20:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I thought I'd post this to try and convince some of you die-hard
butterfliers to come over to the dark side of Leps. 2 nights ago my yard list
of
identified moth species reached 1000. The majority of these were seen on or
near my light/sheet setup which means I didn't have to leave my back porch to
find them. Since it's done at night, it doesn't interfere with butterflying
or  birding and it can be done all year long. I'm already at 41 identified
species  for 2013!

There's a tn-moths  listserv and for those of  you on Facebook there's a
Mothing and Moth-watching group.

#1000  was the Red-winged Sallow shown in the attached pic.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester  County

_http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths_