[TN-Butterflies] Missing species

  • From: "Doug Bruce" <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN Butterflies" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:01:54 -0400

The Delaware Skipper reported Saturday in Cocke County by Jean Obrist and David
Trently brings the state total to 106 species for this year. (Or 105 if the
recent Hickory Hairstreak candidates are rejected.)

Below is a list of the remaining 32 species that have not yet been reported
this year, but have been reported previously in the state.  Which one will be
next?  Aren't we getting close to the flight of the Diana Fritillary?

Long-tailed Skipper
Dorantes Longtail
Funereal Duskywing
White Checkered-Skipper
European Skipper
Leonard's Skipper
Indian Skipper
Whirlabout
Dion Skipper
Linda's Roadside-Skipper
Bell's Roadside-Skipper
Eufala Skipper
Brazilian Skipper
Ocola Skipper
Palamedes Swallowtail
Southern Dogface
Barred Yellow
Mexican Yellow
Dainty Sulphur
Bronze Copper
Frosted Elfin
Early Hairstreak
Marine Blue
Dusky Azure
Reakirt's Blue
Diana Fritillary
Aphrodite Fritillary
Phaon Crescent
Green Comma
Gray Comma
Painted Lady
Common Wood-Nymph

The FOY page is now up-to-date through the morning of June 5.  Please take a
look at it and let me know if you find any errors.

http://iweb.tntech.edu/sstedman/ButterflySightingsTN2010.htm

Thanks,
Doug Bruce
Oak Ridge