[TN-Butterflies] Re: Lots of activity today

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:42:02 -0500

Beautiful White Ms! I thought they were all gone by now. I am seeing all of
yours below, plus a Cabbage White or two. Take that back. I haven't seen
Daintys in a while up here, but I think others have. (No White Ms since a
month or so ago.)

Our NABA chapter (Middle Tennessee) planted a butterfly garden at the Memory
Care Unit at NHC Place at Cool Springs. I went there Wednesday, and there
was a Gulf Fritillary, several Sachems and Fiery's and a beautiful, fresh
male Monarch landed on the marigolds right in front of me and nectared on it
for a moment. The garden is in an enclosed courtyard and the dwarf zinnias
are still doing their job.

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson Co.