[TN-Butterflies] Land Between the Lakes NABA Butterfly Count - Sat., June

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 08:26:41 -0500

*Welcome all, to the Land Between the Lakes NABA Butterfly Count!*
*
*
Land Between the Lakes Butterfly Count. *9:00 – 4:00. Sponsored by the
Middle Tennessee Chapter of the North American Butterfly Association. This
is a great way to explore 180,000 acres for butterflies. We will mostly
travel "The Trace" and some off roads going towards (and ending the count
at) the South Welcome Station at 4:00. No guarantees, but last year we saw a
Funereal Duskywing and many Coral Hairstreaks on this count. Meet at The
Home Place at 9:00. $3/person participation fee. Bring a lunch (maybe
breakfast,too!) and lots of liquids. There are restrooms, but no eateries.

If you would like to carpool from the Nashville area, meet at the Farmer's
Market in Nashville, Rosa Parks side parking lot at 6:30 A.M. Contact: Rita
Venable (rita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). I know this is early, but it's only for a
day. (We can sleep when we're old.)

*Note: Because of the heat, we are meeting earlier. Please note change in
time.

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson County