[TN-Butterflies] Re: ID help requested

  • From: "tom howe" <blountbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 22:14:41 -0400

Certainly an underside photo would help distinguish it from a Tawny-edged
female which, to me, it seems to favor. I've attached a dorsal and ventral
view of a Tawny-edged that looks much like yours. The hindwing pattern above
appears to resemble descriptions of the Crossline, but the underside
indicates Tawny-edged.

Tom Howe

Alcoa

8-3-10