[TN-Butterflies] Haywood County Butterflies

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNButterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:24:15 -0500

Spent the day at O'Neal Lake at the Hatchie NWR in Haywood County.  While I was
looking mainly for birds, I did happen to see my first butterflies of the year!
 It was hard to believe there was 4 inches of sleet and snow on the ground last
week with the temperature at 74 today.  Gorgeous day!

Polygonia spp. - 4 (Probably both Eastern Comma and Question Mark as 2 were
small and 2 were fairly large)
Mourning Cloak - 1
Orange Sulphur - 1 (these spring Orange Sulphurs are really yellow, but note
the hint of orange and the heavy dark overscaling)

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby County