[TN-Butterflies] Field Trip To Bridgestone/Firestone Bicentennial Wilderness

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:34:50 -0500

Hello, everyone,

There is a butterfly/wildflower field trip this weekend sponsored by the
Tennessee Native Plant Society and the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the North
American Butterfly Association. All field trips are open to the public and
children accompanied by parents are welcome. You do not have to be a member
of either organization to come along. No nets or collecting, please.

*Saturday, May 14*
Bridgestone/Firestone Centennial Wilderness WMA, White County, TN
Meet at the McDonald’s in Sparta, 10:00 A.M. Central Standard Time
We will look for Baltimore Checkerspots which have been found here before.
After lunch, we will explore woodland trails for late spring wildflowers.
Directions: Take I-40 to Exit 288. South on TN 111/US 70S and proceed to
Sparta. McDondald’s is on the right just before you get to the intersection
of TN 111/US and US 70/TN 26. Easy to moderate hike. Facilities at meeting
place. Bring lunch to eat in the field. For more information contact Bart
Jones (bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx) or Rita Venable (rita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

The weather is iffy, please check reports for the Sparta area the night
before. Right now the report is 40% chance some rain, but that may change
(either for the better or worse) as we get closer to the date. We will
probably not cancel unless the weather suggests a greater percentage of
strong storms.

So we hope to see you this weekend!

Rita Venable, president
Middle Tennessee Chapter