[TN-Butterflies] FOY for Henry Co

  • From: <betjas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:25:36 -0500

I was in Henry Co this week and saw many Sulphur species flying low over fescue
pastures and roadsides.  The only one I could photograph was a Clouded Sulphur
with pink antenna.  I saw a few small brownish ones that I never could get
close to indentify.  I saw one Red Admiral, also flying low, but stopping
occasionally to sit on grass.  At the West Sandy Wildlife Management Area I saw
my first Azure species.  Three of the almost-turquiose beauties kept me busy
trying to photograph for quite a while.  They were nectering on what I think is
chickweed in the swampy area.

Sulphur     -    many
Red Admiral - 1
Azure           - 3