[TN-Butterflies] FOY Meigs County

  • From: "David Spicer" <birdsnbflys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Butterflies" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:37:39 -0400

While in between two different areas of the Soddy-Daisy count today Scott and I
stopped at the old Blythe Ferry sight on the east side of the Tennessee River
for lunch. We found 6 to 8 of these Skippers feeding on the flowers of a plant
that grows mostly in the edge of the water. I would like desperately to make
these Yehl Skippers since those would be new for both me and the county but the
more I look at various references the more I think they are Broad-winged
Skippers. Your thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks,
Dave Spicer
Hamilton County

JPEG image