[TN-Butterflies] FOY Blount Co

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 21:21:51 -0400

yesterday, 4/3/10 <http://www.bluemelon.com/sourpersimmon/springbutterflies>
:
falcate orangetip
question mark

Orangetips were abundant and busy visiting cutleaf toothwort, which carpet
the forest floor. I saw my first orangetips last weekend, and I suspect
they've been flying longer than that since toothworts have been in flower
since about Mar 15. I got my first photo of the year yesterday only because
that was my first chance to get out with the camera.

I saw two question marks, photos of each at the link, and I also saw several
mourning cloaks flying as I hiked. I've been seeing Polygonias since
early/mid March, but not close enough to ID.

Rikki Hall
Rockford, Blount Co