[TN-Butterflies] Re: East TN Butterflies

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx, TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:14:04 EDT

Rita,
I plan to be in upper east TN this week myself ( I missed the Roan Mt
Naturalist's Rally this year). One of my favorite areas is Unaka Mt  and Beauty
Spot. There is a meadow across the top where the AT crosses that  usually
has a nice population of Amer. Coppers. I know they are seen elsewhere  but
this in the only place i have regularly seen them. I don't know about this
particular time of the season, but it's generally a great butterfly area.

If you decide to go north-east there is no shortage of great butterfly
spots up that way, and I'm sure the Tri Cities folks can give you a long list,
more than you could do in one trip.

Richard C
Nashville

In a message dated 9/12/2010 6:22:50 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,  everyone,

We're planning a camping trip to East TN in mid to late Sept. Any
suggestions as to good butterfly places - Cherokee, Smokies, FCF, Hiwassee,
Hampton
Creek Cove, etc.? We would like to stay on the TN side of the  mountains.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson Co.