[TN-Butterflies] Duskywing ID

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:42:52 -0400

Hi all,
I went on several walks around the house on this beautiful day and was well
rewarded with lots of birds (43 species) and butterflies! I was quite
pleased to find so many just around the house. One that I was really excited
about finding was a Sleepy/Dreamy Duskywing. I have seen neither and am
still somewhat new to butterflying so I'm not sure which it is. Dreamy has a
BAMONA record for Catoosa but not for Sleepy. It gave me plenty of photo
opportunities for the upperwing but none for underneath.
Here is one of the photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3412903334/
If you want to view it in a larger size simply hit the "All Sizes" button
directly above the photo.
Other butterflies:
Falcate Orangetip - 8+
American Lady - 1