[TN-Butterflies] Disappointed again

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

This time it was the Memphis Zoo. I spent 3 hours there yesterday and only saw
6 'flys. The grounds are heavily planted with butterfly attracting plants with
Lantana and Purple Coneflowers dominating the scene. The whole zoo is basically
a butterfly garden. The only nectaring type butterflies I saw were 3 Cabbage
Whites. I also saw 2 Snouts and a Hackberry Emperor.

Bart Jones mentioned that it's possible the heavy spraying for mosquitos is
taking its toll on the butterfly populations in the city.

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.