[TN-Butterflies] Correction to Duskywing ID

  • From: schottbirds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TN-Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:05:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hamilton Co.
March 25, 2009

The Duskywing I saw at Reflection Riding yesterday was a Juvenal's not
Horace's. I tried to ID it using one book only which didn't give me enough
detail. Checking another source and listening to those who know more about
brood flights, I now realize that it is a month too soon for Horace's and the
markings and color are good for Juvenal's. See attached picture.

Susan Schott
Chattanooga