[TN-Butterflies] Re: Carroll County butterflies

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas Kienzle <thomaskienzle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:22:23 -0500

Hello to all who trekked, sometimes over considerable distances, to
obtain photos of Carroll County butterflies recently in order to add
species to the butterfly list of that county at the BAMONA website.

Before this past Friday, the Carroll County list had 5 species.  On Sep
11 or 12, three sets of photos were obtained and submitted, each adding
Eastern Tailed-Blue to the county list; three sets of photos also added
Sachem to the county list; two sets of photos added Common Buckeye to
the county list; and one set of photos added Least Skipper, Pearl
Crescent, and Red-spotted Purple to the county list, bringing the county
species total to 11-and out of the single digit 'fly zone.

Thanks to all who made this pilgrimage and who took photos.  Hope some
of you saw each other, as well as butterflies, during your time in
Carroll County, which has not seen so much focus on butterflies in its
entire history prior to the last two days.

Steve Stedman

Cookeville (Putnam County)