[TN-Butterflies] Re: Cabbage White - March 6, 2009

  • From: "Michael" <mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tennessee Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:48:37 -0600

I had what I identified as a Cabbage White at Kentucky Manor, today, March
6, 2009, at 3:12 p.m. Those this individual flew around some and even into
my backyard, it always returned to my winter planted pansies that are
blooming in the front yard at the street. It's favorite color was purple or
its shades. At times when it feed, it reached deep into the flower for long
periods. The Cabbage White is my most common daily butterfly. My 95+ years
old father even notices them outside the windows.

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson County, TN