[TN-Butterflies] Re: Butterfly ID Request (Texas Bug)

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNButterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:21:51 -0500

Hi Kristy,
Yes, that is a Mimosa Skipper. The main ID mark is the gray median and
postmedian bands on the hindwing. Good call and a nice find!

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby Co.

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 03:37:02 +0000
From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Butterfly ID Request (Texas Bug)

Hello,

We were in Texas last week, and I am trying to go through my photos. Can
anyone tell me what this is? I think it might be a Mimosa Skipper, but it
doesn't seem too look quite right. It's the closest I could get it. The
butterfly was seen on April 8th at Santa Ana NWR, Hidalgo County.

http://www.pbase.com/image/159754805

Thanks for your help!
Kristy Baker
Rutherford County