[TN-Butterflies] BAMONA for McMinn County

  • From: "David Spicer" <dspicer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:34:40 -0400

Scott and I spent most of the afternoon Saturday in McMinn County. We found
the following new records for the county.

Pipevine Swallowtail
Black Swallowtail
Orange Sulphur
Little Yellow
Gray Hairstreak
Diana - we saw five females spread across several locations on Starr Mtn.
Silvery Checkerspot
Gemmed Satyr

Possible ids:
Tawny-edged Skipper
Duskywings that are probably Wild Indigos but the more I look at pictures in
the guides I have and read the descriptions the more I think one or more
might be a Zarucco.

All of these have been sent to Stephen in separate emails.

Also for me was a FOY Red-banded Hairstreak. In previous years I've seen
them almost everywhere I've gone for a month or more but not this year.

Dave Spicer
Hamilton County

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.