[TN-Butterflies] Another round has emerged

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

In addition to the recent emergence of Sachems, a lot of beautiful, very fresh
looking butterflies have shown up in the past few days. Here's the list which
is
probably not complete because I'm going by memory.

Red-spotted Purple...these are all over the country roads.
Spicebush Swallowtail
Pipevine Swallowtail
Question Mark
Red Admiral
Pearl Crescent
Cloudless Sulphur...these are swarming all over my Petunias...more than I've
ever seen here.
Sleepy Orange
Little Yellows...I can't really say it's a new batch but they continue to be
here in big numbers and most look like they're in perfect condition.
Silver-spotted Skipper
Fiery Skipper
Brown Skippers...I'm not taking pictures like I should so I'm probably missing
some FOY's from this group. There are just too many grass skippers to deal
with.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County