[TN-Butterflies] Re: Another butterfly digital reference - Butterflies of Arkansas

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:39:26 -0400

Continuing along the same line, I thought I might point out this website for
many of the East TN butterflyers that are probably in Georgia quite often.
It is run by Jim Flynn of Forsyth Co., Georgia (NE of Atlanta), and
basically it is like a supplement to BAMONA. It pulls the county maps from
BAMONA, however, what I like about it is that you can view the photos from
each county. Now they aren't necessarily the same photos that were submitted
to BAMONA for that county, but at least you can see the proof that it has
occurred in that county. It still needs a lot of filling in, there's a lot
of BAMONA records that don't have photos on the site. For instance when I
went through I found that there were a lot of butterflies that were marked
on the BAMONA map that didn't have a photo for the sight. So if any of you
butterfly in Georgia keep this site in mind and send in your photos if you
find any! It's really nice that you can see when the photo was taken, where
in that county it was taken, and who took the photo! You can view it by
counties, or, the way I like, by species (where it shows every photo for
that species). This site is also helpful for me when I'm trying to identify
something because there's normally a huge variety of photos for each
species.  http://www.shrike.net/butterflies/index.html

Good Butterflying!

David Hollie
Ringgold, GA