[TN-Bird] windy saturday in Sullivan Co.

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:46:54 EST

Sat., Nov. 30, 2002
Weir Dams, Musick's Campground & Middlebrook Lake
Sullivan County, TN

If I was smart, I would have known it was too windy to birdwatch Saturday,
but then I would have missed meeting some very nice birders.  Allan Kaplowitz
of New Jersy, and his daughter Kara, an ETSU student, approached me as I was
scoping the ducks at the Weir Dams.  I ended up giving them the grand tour of
Musick's Campground and Middlebrook Lake.  We had a lot of fun, and I hope
they can fit one or another of the local bird club meetings into their
schedules.  Here's what we saw:

Weir Dams - Bufflehead, Ring-necked Duck, Mallard,Greater Scaup, American
Wigeon

Musick's Campground - Common Loon, Bonaparte's Gull, Ring-billed Gull

Middlebrook Lake - Great Blue Heron, the resident Mute Swans, Ross's Goose,
Canada Goose, Ring-necked Duck, Gadwall, Mallard, Hooded Merganser,
Red-tailed Hawk, American Coot, Kildeer, Bonaparte's Gull, Ring-billed Gull,
Belted Kingfisher

Don Holt
910 Smalling Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37601