[TN-Bird] video of whooping crane from hatch to first flight

  • From: Viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:19:36 -0400 (EDT)

I came across this moving video of "Lucky" the first wild whooping crane to
 hatch in the USA in 63 years, who was also the first hatch in the eastern
whooping crane reintroduction efforts.  It is incredible to watch the
adult whooping cranes' behavior as the chick hatches, their pair-bonding unison

calls, and their attention to the chick as he forages and grows.  Then
watch him learn to fly!

Gave me goosebumps, and in the end, tears.  You'll find it in my  current
post at Vickie Henderson Art.

_http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/_
(http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/)

Vickie Henderson