[TN-Bird] Re: trouble posting

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:45:29 -0500

trouble postingMark Armstrong and TN-Birders,
I have researched your list configuration and I find no problem with your
subscription setup for TN-Birds.  You have been successful in posting to
TN-Birds in the past.  The freelist storage records indicate you have posted
just one message since you were first subscribed:
[TN-Bird] Mossy Creek WVA
  a.. From: Mark Armstrong <marka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  b.. To: "'tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  c.. Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:37:07 -0400

This suggest that you are set up properly.  Your configeration is proper.  You
have the correct address to post to TN-Birds.

And, looking at what you sent me,  it simply appears at this time that you
reached the listserv when it must have been down or offline or whatever.  Such
downtimes come during bad weather, power outages, equipment malfunction,
programs that crash, softwear errors that are created by programs failing to
write correctly and on and on.  The listserver is in Ohio so they undergo
situations that we don't.  It may have been a problem with the Knoxville Zoo
listserv having difficulty processing the message.  Since I do not have the
header, I cannot tell you anything useful about that.   If you wish, simply
send a test message over TN-Birds now and lets's see if it comes thourgh
correctly at this time.  If it does, then it was simply a temporary problem.
Since I do not know the details of your problem with BIRDBAND listserv, I
cannot determine if the lists had similar problems.   I do know that the
BIRDBAND list uses a listserv at the University of Arizona and TN-Birds uses
FreeList.  Let me know if I may be of further help.

Wallace Coffey
Moderator TN-Birds
Bristol, TN