[TN-Bird] sightings 5-05-14

  • From: "Nancy Moore" <jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tn-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 08:43:32 -0500

Reelfoot Lake, Tn.
Black Bayou
Lake, Co.

Driving back from town yesterday afternoon about 5PM I sighted three Black
Necked Stilts, 8 Lessor Yellowlegs and one Spotted SP.
in the flooded old rice field just West of Black Bayou and 8 great Egrets along
the road coming through Black Bayou.

Sat evening coming back from Church I spotted a Black necked Stilt on SR213 in
the ditch.  probably one of these and was told when
I got home there had been a black necked stilt in the side yard that still had
some wet area from all the rain.  That would have been
a great yard bird.

Nancy Moore

Reelfoot Lake, Tn
Bluebasin Cove.