[TN-Bird] post about injured/trapped Heron

  • From: Graham <grahamgerdeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:40:11 -0500

ok all - I'm posting here at the direct request of Facebook user Lyda
Phillips who posted the below:

"I am now(noon) at Poolez knob Don't trials area I am at the pool on when
you take the first left off of the main road I am at the second turn off
and I am witnessing a great blue who is trapped somehow in the muck here he
can't get up I'm very close but I can't get to him without wellies or
something it's so deep I'm gonna try to go around to the other side but
I've never attempted anything like this on such a big bird. Any advice or
better yet assistance"

She goes on to list her phone number:

Lyda Phillips <https://www.facebook.com/lyda.phillips.9?fref=ufi> My phone
is 3015187538

I apologize if this is misuse of the tn-bird list. Poole Knobs is on J.
Percy Priest Lake in Nashville.

She has been given contact info for Walden's Puddle. I have advised her not
to approach the bird, as it will seriously wound her.

Please don't reply to me. I'm not one to call out the National guard for a
Heron which may or may not be able to take care of itself, but she asked.
If you are able and willing to help this caring lady, feel free to call her
directly.

Thanks,

Graham Gerdeman
Nashville