[TN-Bird] more feeder birds

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:57:46 -0500 (EST)

Ain't telecommuting great?

Two inches of snow here in the Cedar Bluff area of West
Knoxville, and a lot of that is gone now.

I've been hoping for a Fox Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow,
Pine Siskin or Evening Grosbeak (hey, if you're going to
dream, dream big) to bring up the yard list total before
the one-year mark tomorrow.

So far nothing unusual with the best sightings being a
Palm Warbler foraging around the side of the house where
it's sheltered from the snow and watching our Hermit Thrush
eating some grapes we put out that were beginning to turn.
(no signs of intoxication yet).

Our best fun was in letting our little kitten (I mean
minion of Satan) play in the snow.  He looked like a little
Lynx jumping around and burrowing into the snow to chase
voles and little critters.  Eeyore the bassett hound just
whined and wanted back inside.

Dean and Amber Edwards
Knoxville, TN