[TN-Bird] leucistic goldfinch at Beaman Park, Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 11:49:08 -0500 (EST)

_AMERICAN  GOLDFINCH (Leucistic) photo - Dave Hawkins photos at pbase.com_
(http://www.pbase.com/davehawkins/image/148183392)

1-5-2013
Beaman Park
Davidson Co.

Yesterday Dave and Laurie Hawkins and I visited the feeders at Beaman Park
Nature Center and found this gorgeous leucistic goldfinch.  It was very
cooperative, so Dave got some wonderful shots of it.  More shots of it can  be
found on his website.  It seemed to feel at home with the other
goldfinches and called often.   There was also one Pine Siskin.

Also, on the large lake at Metro Center we found quite a few  male and
female Hooded Mergansers.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN