[TN-Bird] binocular shoulder harness at Walmart

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:08:04 -0300

TN-Birders:
If some of you are like me, you put off ordering certain items because it is
sort of a hassel.

I have often thought about a shoulder harness for my binoculars instead of
supporting the weight of binoculars around my neck all day.  You can get one
Walmart.

Larry McDaniel told me the other day that he had found one at the the
Johnson City store.  I checked one of the Bristol stores and found a dozen
or more.  They can easily be adapted so you can snap them on and off to only
wear in the field and keep your usual small neck strap to use around the
house, etc.

It's called the Bino-System and is displayed in the sportgoods with the
binoculars and similar items.

The price was $17.87 plus local tax.

Just a tip for those who might be interested.

Let's go birding....
Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN