[TN-Bird] Re: big Knoxville oil tanker company now has Vickie Henderson art work on back

  • From: Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:18:40 -0500

wow

Lyda Phillips
(301) 518-7538 (cell)
www.lydaphillips.com
writerworking.blogspot.com/

From: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] big Knoxville oil tanker company now has Vickie Henderson
art work on back
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:35:53 -0400

TN-Birders Birders: Look what happened ! Sent Vickie Henderson of Knoxville
an email and suggested she contact Conestoga Transport out of that city and
ask if the company wanted one of her Ruby-throated Hummingbird photos for the
back of their ole big tanker trucks which haul oil over hundreds of thousands
of miles and maybe in the view of millions of motorists on our highways. Way
to go ! Yea for Vickie ! Yea! Yea ! Wallace CoffeyBristol, TN From: BBC Net
Sent: Monday, December 8, 2014 5:32 PM
To: 'bristol-birds'
Subject: [Bristol-Birds] three owlets on truck along TN Rt. 394 in Bristol
While driving home from birding late this afternoon, I spotted three owlets
perched on the tail of a petroleum tanker truck rolling over TN Rt. 394 near
the Bristol MotorSpeedway in Sullivan County. I was pleasantly surprised. To
my delight, the driver pulled into a delivery stop and I followed. “Just
another person wanting to know about the owls on the back of your big rig,”I
shouted up to his open cab window. He crawled down into the lot with a
widesmile and was proud to share the artwork with me. “I have people stop and
ask about it ever where,” he said. “They love it.” He said the owner of his
trucking company has about a dozen or more tankers onthe road and each has
different wildlife art on the tail. “He is a history buff and a very
conscientious conservationist and environmental owner.” The truck is in a
fleet of about 15 owned by Conestoga Transport out of Knoxville. It is
acompany that provides transportation services of petroleum products. The name
Conestoga has a rich history dating back to the foundation of business in
America. In the late 18th and early 19th centuries – long before the era of
tractor and trailers and before the development of the railroad system –
Conestoga wagons were the primary vehicles for hauling freight. The drivers of
those wagons were much like their modern-day counterparts (today’s professional
truck driver) – tough, resourceful and very professional. The Knoxville fleet,
sporting the theme “Tradition With A Vision,” has images of Black Bear,
White-tailedDeer, Mallard, Bald Eagle, frog, Mr. Ed the horse, Bobwhite and
Wild Turkey. The driver, with his truck in Bristol, said the most beautiful
and his favorite is the Bobcat. If you wish you can go to the website link with
this post and look thru most of the animals inwhat they call their Trailer
Tails Gallery. The company has a link where you can send them a nomination for
the next species they put on a new truck.
http://www.conestogatransport.com/conestoga/trailer-tails.asp Wallace
CoffeyBristol, TN

JPEG image

JPEG image