[tn-bird] Re: Woodcock in Knoxville

  • From: anna varney <annarosevarney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:40:02 -0800 (PST)

I just saw my first American Woodcock the other night
when I stayed out way past my bedtime of 7 p.m.  We
drove home and pulled into the driveway and we saw a
really unusual bird w/ the long bill.  My husband and
I both studied it, it flew into the air-straight up
almost.  We waited until it flew away.  When we got up
to the house I checked the field guide and made
positive I.D.  I haven't had much time to look for
birds lately, so its really nice to when they find me
(ha!)

Anna Varney