[TN-Bird] Wilson Bulletin - Where do the Gulls Sleep at Night

  • From: "Carole Gobert" <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:37:38 -0400

I decided to take a look at the Wilson Bulletin mentioned in Ron Kingston's
posting of August.  Having just returned from two weeks at the beach with
gulls still on my mind, I searched for research on gulls and came across an
entertaining article from 1924.  By Wm. I. Lyon entitled "Roosting Habits of
Gulls", it is a recounting of the efforts of the members of the Inland Bird
Banding Association along the southwest end of Lake Michigan to determine
"where do the Gulls sleep at night."  If you'd like to read it, go to
http://elibrary.unm.edu/wilson/ and do an advanced search, with Lyon for
author and roosting gulls as the subject.

Carole Gobert
Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee