[TN-Bird] White-crowned sparrow again!

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:01:17 EDT

Hello Birders,
Right after I posted yesterday about the white-crowned sparrow feeding on my
deck here in the Charlotte Park area of West Nashville near the Cumberland
River in Davidson County, he reemerged from the grape vines to feed again, AND
he
had a female tagging along with him.  They both fed for about five minutes,
then flew off toward the river.  He led, and she followed close behind at 6:44
PM.  I took pictures, but they are not very good.

Today, at 11:18 AM, the male (or another one just like him) came to feed for
several moments.  When I reached for the camera, he flew off toward the river,
and I have not seen him again.  Maybe he'll return for a later feeding.  SHE
was not with him today.

Cheers & prayers for safe and happy birding,

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN