[TN-Bird] Western Invasion in TN- Black-throated Sparrow, Inca Dove and also Ocean Birds

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:43:03 EST

2005 in Tennessee

Come to Tennessee. Your new birding destination ;o)

With Townsend's Solitaire, Black-throated Sparrow, Inca Dove, breeding
Scissor-tailed Flycatchers and Western Kingbirds, Vermilion Flycatcher,
California
Gull, Say's Phoebe, Rufous and Broad-tailed Hummingbirds,  Pacific and
Yellow-billed Loons this year, the TN list is looking like something  from far
west
of the Mississippi River. Should I get me some cowboy boots and 10  gallon
Stetson to bird in?

With South Polar Skua, Bridled, Sooty and Royal Terns, Band-rumped
Storm-Petrel, Black Skimmers, Laughing Gulls galore, Pomarine, Parasitic and
Long-tailed Jaeger's, Red-necked Grebe, Little, Iceland, Thayer's, Lesser and
Greater
Black-backed Gulls plus Magnificent Frigatebirds, this year, I feel  like I
should at least go to the coast and splash salt water in my face or put a
little sand in my shoes and wear a slicker while birding.

In reading reports from other states, it seems like it has been a  really
crazy year all around.
Good Birding  !!!

Land Locked  and Loving IT!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA