[TN-Bird] West TN birding

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:44:24 -0500

TN-Birders
Just wanted to take a minute to say how much fun it was to bird with Jeff
Wilson last week-end.

Both Saturday and Sunday were filled with excitement.
While all birding is fun;  not all days are as exciting.

Clyde Blum and I were there from the Chattanooga area.
We spent several hours on Saturday morning in Mississippi adding birds to that
state list.   A wonderful highlight was a Ferruginous Hawk in Tunica county.
I've had this ra frequently in CA, AZ, NM, and TX.  Never east of the MS River.

While my best bird was the Le Conte's Sparrow - a lifer.
But the truly exciting part was the afternoon when I added three more TN state
birds with the uncommon and/or rare Iceland, Thayer's and Lesser Black-backed
Gulls.

I have admired Jeff's postings since I got into birding a couple of years ago.
The privilege of birding with him and learning from him was thrilling.

Thank you, Jeff.

Carol Fegarido
Chattanooga
Hamilton county